This edition includes German translations for ALL English phrases and terminology, and only ships to Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
This book is suitable for German speaking nurses with any standard of English.
English for Nurses BASICS: Pocket Guide measures only 80mm x 123mm and will fit neatly inside your uniform pocket. It includes 130 pages of key English terminology, phrases and explanations for communicating safely and professionally with your English-speaking patients. This special BASICS edition includes full German translations, as well as chapters covering English grammar, verb lists and essential workplace terminology.
Pocket Guide is based on the real experiences of German nurses, as well as feedback from hundreds of students from our English language workshops. This book covers 8 core elements of nursing:
- Basics 1: Ein Sprachgerüst in Englisch
- Basics 2: Der Arbeitsplatz
- Die Patientenaufnahme
- Die Grundpflege
- Pflege bei Respirationserkrankungen
- Pflege bei Diabetes mellitus
- Die Patientenentlassung
English for Nurses BASICS: Pocket Guide has been designed for ease and speed:
- Laminated wipe-clean pages for the clinical environment
- Colour-coded, fully referenced chapters with clear subheadings
- Generously sized, easy to read text
- German translations for all English words and phrases
- Durable, Wire-O binding for quick reference
Pocket Guide has been written by nurses for nurses. Whether you are a nurse or you employ nurses, English for Nurses BASICS: Pocket Guide is your indispensable English language pocket reference.
We aim to hold stock of this item at all times. However, for large quantities, please allow up to 2-3 weeks for your books to be printed to order – we will keep you updated with an accurate timetable.